In a resounding celebration of musical longevity and unwavering talent, Keane is set to unleash a remastered edition of their seminal debut album, ‘Hopes and Fears,’ precisely two decades after its groundbreaking release on May 10th, 2024.
But that’s not all – on the very same day, this remarkable band will grace the stage at London’s illustrious O2 Arena, marking the commencement of a world-spanning tour that embarks on April 1st, kicking things off in Mexico City before traversing Europe and culminating in a series of prestigious dates across the United States in September. Expect to witness Keane’s captivating melodies resonate through legendary venues like LA’s Greek Theatre, Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium, and the iconic Radio City Music Hall in the heart of New York City.
‘Hopes and Fears’ stands as a veritable monument in Keane’s illustrious career, etching its name into the annals of UK chart history as one of the best-selling albums ever. With over 2.5 million copies sold in the UK within its first year and an additional million in the USA, this album’s success was propelled by the timeless masterpiece, ‘Somewhere Only We Know.’ The record boasts a resplendent 9x platinum status in the UK, a truly remarkable feat, while its global sales have soared to over 10 million copies.
Keane’s emergence paralleled a new wave of bands that would reshape the musical landscape, rubbing shoulders with the likes of Snow Patrol, Scissor Sisters, the Killers, and Coldplay. Their distinctive sound, centered around keyboards, lent an emotional depth to their songs, with ‘Everybody’s Changing’ from ‘Hopes and Fears’ standing as a fan favorite and top-five hit.
In 2004, Keane reigned as the biggest-selling British artist in the UK. The following year, they clinched two BRIT Awards: Best British Album for ‘Hopes and Fears’ and the British Breakthrough Act award, as voted for by Radio 1 listeners.
‘Somewhere Only We Know’ has enjoyed a recent revival on TikTok, going viral in Indonesia, igniting a global renaissance of the track. Currently amassing two million Spotify streams a day, it has become Island Records’ biggest-selling single in the past 12 months, boasting over a billion streams.
Next year’s tour promises to be a celebration of Keane’s acclaimed body of work, spanning from their imperious debut ‘Hopes and Fears’ through to their 2019 studio album, ‘Cause and Effect.’
Lead singer Tom Chaplin reminisces, “I remember standing by that amazing old mixing desk at Heliocentric Studios where we made ‘Hopes and Fears,’ listening to an early mix of ‘Somewhere Only We Know.’ I had this feeling that we’d come up with something that had an extra bit of magic. Making music is so often a process full of doubt… but on this occasion, there was something undeniable about what we’d created. Clearly, a lot of people felt the same when the album came out!”
Founding band member and songwriter Tim Rice-Oxley adds, “When I think about these songs, I still picture us playing them in little rooms in pubs around the UK. I remember how exciting it was watching the crowds start to grow. Those songs opened the door to another dimension for us; everything that has happened in our lives since then was born out of that moment. It’s an incredible privilege for us that people are still listening after all this time.”
Keane’s UK & Irish Tour Dates:
- May Fri 3rd – LEEDS, First Direct Arena
- Sat 4th – BIRMINGHAM, Utilita Arena
- Sun 5th – MANCHESTER, Co-Op Live
- Tue 7th – BOURNEMOUTH, BIC
- Wed 8th – CARDIFF, Utilita Arena
- Fri 10th – LONDON, The O2
- Mon 13th – DUBLIN 3Arena
World Tour Dates:
- April Mon 1st – MEXICO CITY, Sports Palace
- Wed 3rd – GUADALAJARA, Auditorio Telmex
- Fri 19th – AMSTERDAM, AFAS Live
- Sun 21st – KOLN, E-Werk
- Wed 24th – BRUSSELS, The Cirque Royal
- Fri 26th – PARIS, L’Olympia
US Tour Dates in September:
- Wed 4th – BERKELEY, CA, The Greek Theatre at UC Berkeley
- Thu 5th – LOS ANGELES, CA, The Greek Theatre
- Fri 6th – SAN DIEGO, CA, Humphreys Concerts By The Bay
- Sun 8th – SALT LAKE CITY, UT, Venue TBC
- Mon 9th – DENVER, CO, Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre
- Wed 11th – DALLAS, TX, The Majestic Theater
- Thu 12th – AUSTIN, TX, ACL Live At The Moody Theatre
- Sat 14th – ATLANTA, GA, The Eastern
- Sun 15th – NASHVILLE, TN, Ryman Auditorium
- Tue 17th – MINNEAPOLIS, MN, Palace Theater
- Wed 18th – CHICAGO, IL, The Chicago Theatre
- Fri 20th – TORONTO, ON, The Queen Elizabeth Theatre
- Sat 21st – PHILADELPHIA, PA, The Met
- Mon 23rd – BOSTON, MA, MGM Music Hall At Fenway
- Tue 24th – NEW YORK, NY, Radio City Music Hall
- Thu 26th – WASHINGTON, DC, The Anthem
Tickets on general sale September 15th HERE.
Photo Credit: Alex Lake